Fat Bald Jeff

Monday, January 22, 2007

The case of soda, water and 3 mystery pounds.

Kind of irritated. As early as Thursday/Friday it was looking like a 10 pound loss week. In fact, Friday I WAS down 10 pounds. I was sure that this was going to be a MONSTER week. Then came Sunday. While I kept the calories at 1500 and did 1000 calories of exercise....I drank a LOT of diet soda. Maybe 5 cans? And I sat around a lot. Sunday night I stepped on the scale and lo and behold...I was only down maybe 6 pounds. AHHHHHGGGGG. I kicked the scale, drank a large glass of water and went to bed. In the morning it had settled out at 8 pounds lost for the week. So what's the deal? There's not enough sodium in soda to cause that kind of water retention (55 grams per can?) I did eat a copious amount of salt on Sunday (on cucumbers, turkey, pork roast, fries, lettuce, etc) This morning during racquetball, my partner (and myself) noticed an unusual amount of sweat covering my shirt...another sign that there was a lot of water trying to escape. Should I give up the soda for the duration? I don't think I can do that on top of the 1500 calories per day plus exercise. You can only ask so much of a person. Hmm....maybe no soda on Sunday. Yeah...that's the ticket. I had a fantasy about limiting my 'extra' daily salt (outside of what is in the foods themselves) to just one of those little fast-food packages. That would be a hoot. *Sigh* Another reason why mid-week weighings are bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home