Fat Bald Jeff

Saturday, January 20, 2007

DANGER: Hunger

I haven't felt hunger and hunger-pains in over 12 years. It's a nasty feeling. Started a couple of days ago...at night or early morning. I'm smart enough to do something about it (eat a banana or some nuts), but it's not a good sign. Could easily trip my body into starvation mode where my metabolism will slow down....counteracting all the work I am doing. In the greater scheme of things, that body reflex won't stand up to the restricted calories and increased exercise for long...but it could easily derail me for a week or two. Part of it is because I've slowly been shifting my calories earlier in the day (as part of the plan) but my body is SO used to getting a lot of calories at night (tv watching, snacking, etc). I really never understood the 'I am so starving!' comments before this week that other people made. To that point, I don't think my eating (overeating) ever had ANYTHING to do with hunger. I don't remember once sitting down in the last 10 years and eating copious amounts of food because I was actually hungry. At some point along this journey (maybe my third phase), I'll have to address the psychological issues at work and the root causes of why I gain pleasure (or avoid pain) from eating. But for now, keep the eyes on the prize...100 pound in 100 days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home