Fat Bald Jeff

Monday, January 15, 2007

Here...take my car keys and drive....

Scary words for me to hear. Not because I am a bad driver (I guess I am, but that's not it) but because I fear not fitting behind the wheel of someone elses car. I actually had to shop around years ago (1998?) to find a car that I fit in comfortably. My Dodge Intrepid is roomy enough, but for the last 8 years I've had the steering wheel in my belly as I drove. I actually had to either pull my shirt up or wear a jacket to ensure that the steering wheel didn't rub against my belly or thighs and make black marks on shirt/pants on my way to work. I actually considered buying a smaller steering wheel for my wife's car which we like to take on long trips so that I could help with the driving. Lately, however, I have a good 2 inch gap between me and the wheel. Yesterday a friend asked me to drive his car (he wanted to ride with another guy) and I almost balked. Instead, I poured myself into his Isuzu Rodeo...and guess what? I had room to spare!

Even better...I've been used to people leaving the front-passanger seat open for me whenever a group of us go out for lunch or whatever. Lately, I've been climbing in the back (much to their shock).....plenty of room now.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home