Fat Bald Jeff

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nobody said it would be easy.

Decision time. Well, I told myself that I was performing these mid-week weigh-ins to keep alert for 'bad' periods to make adjustments before it is too late. Well....time to put money where mouth is. The only thing different about this week compared to the last 2 is the fact that I have eaten a LOT of salt and a LOT of diet-Pepsi. Same calories consumed, same (or more) exercise. Now as far as I know, the only real effect these can be having is water retention. And in the greater scheme of things, water retention will 'top-out' at a certain level and really have no effect on my long-term weight loss. But....I am dreading the 'under 7-pound' week. Plus, my doctor and I had a long talk about salt (he went cold-turkey himself) and its effects on blood pressure and other things. Time for an experiment. For the remainder of the week, I will not add salt to any food. I will NOT attempt to steer myself away from foods that already have lots of salt...but I will not add more (for which anyone who knows me will say is quite a task!). Also, I will restrict myself to 2 diet-sodas per day (and only one on weekend days). Just for this week to see if I can....and to see what effects it might have on my body. *shudder*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home