Fat Bald Jeff

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Exercise versus calories

I really think the calories portion of this phase will be the easy part. The exercise will be the hard part. This morning, I gave up on the elliptical after only 5 minutes (that thing is HARD). I then did stationary bike for another 10 minutes. I tried to get motivated and do crunches/aerobics but got nowhere. Arm hurt too much to think about weights. *sigh* Looks like I will try a 30 minute mall-walk at lunch and try again tonight with elliptical. Racquetball is easy because its fun...its a game...not just mindless plodding along waiting for your time to be up. Biking is fun because you can stop pedaling...coast speed up...do sprints...see things...go places....etc. I'll have to find some more winter activities that 'do it for me'. A drill instructor would help. I remember a few years back when I had some money, I actually put an add in the local paper for a personal 'drill instructor' to put me through the daily exercise paces...much as the trainers do on Biggest loser. Its a lot easier to motivate yourself to do pushups, monkey-puckers, squat thrusts, situps, etc when a large angry man is screaming at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home