Fat Bald Jeff

Friday, December 29, 2006

How did I lose the first 130 pounds?

Calories.
My basal/lifestyle caloric needs were approaching 5000 calories per day.
I dropped my caloric intake to 2000 calories per day (pretty religiously for the first couple of months) and the weight dropped quickly.

I did add 'some' exercise....beleive it or not racquetball.
We have a racquetball court in my office building where I work (along with a nautilus setup, freeweights, etc...I know...super lucky am I)

Let me tell you that it was not a pretty sight to see a 500 pound man lumbering around the court.

At first I could only play a few points before I had to take a break and sit down (for my back mostly). Now (almost 9 months later), I can play 3 complete games without break...and even beat some people. Heck...I had a 2 on 1 game against two female athletes (who weren't very good at racquetball) where I won.

Burns a LOT of calories...makes me sweat like a horse...and is fun. I'll take 45 minutes on the court over any amount of time on a treadmill/bike/etc any day.

Yes...I too am suprised that I didn't hurt myself. Moving side to side with all that weight.....can't beleive my ankles or knees didn't snap. (knock on wood). In fact, since I have been playing, 2 other people (in great shape) had horrible injuries that put them in crutches/casts for weeks...one was a severed tendon and the other some knee injury. Ouch.

More later on what my 2000 calories per day consisted of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home