Fat Bald Jeff

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

100 Pounds, 100 Days....getting organized


1. Weigh-ins. I'm torn between daily and weekly. You can learn so much more about your body through daily weigh-ins...the cycles you go through, the patterns, etc. But with somebody as big as I am, its not unusual to have a 5 pounds sway from day to day. That can be depressing. I think I'll go with weekly...every monday Morning (after sleep, before breakfast, before workout).

2. Pictures. I'll take and post weekly pictures (during weigh-in). Front facing and side facing. I'll have to figure out how the camera works. I have both still and camcorder (both digital). I'll probably wear shorts and tshirt (tucked-in).

3. Measurements. I'll take and post weekly measurements...chest, waist, hips, neck, forearm and bicep. I already have tailors tape measurer.

4. Meals. I think I'll plan out my meals for the first couple of weeks That takes a lot of pressure off trying to decide how many calories are 'left' and making choices. Going to be cereal (total or cheerios...both whole grain) for breakfast along with some protien (either chicken breast or egg whites). Lunch wil revolve around chicken (subway, breast from home, etc) along with salad stuff (cucumber, green peppers, iceberg lettuce, etc). Dinner is up in the air at the moment. Will have to discuss with the wife. Snacks will be fat-free jello and pudding, 100 calorie packs of this or that, grapes, apples, etc

5. Vitamins and Supplements. Will go with with daily multi-vitamin (men's formula) , a small portion of walnuts daily (for omega-3 fatty acids), and a couple of aspirin every morning. Alieve as necessary for pain.

6. Workouts. I think I will plan out the first couple of weeks here also. Probably alternate cardio and strength between morning, lunch and evening. Plenty of cardio options with the eliptical, new bike, heavy bag, recumbant exercise bike, etc. Still have to come to terms with the smallish weight bench at home. Hurts to do bench-press or anything else on it (wobbles and is a bit skinny for me). Must concentrate on major muscle groups (chest, back, abs) at first and then more specifics later (biceps, forarms, calves, etc)

7. Tracking. Will use Fitday to track food and exercise. Best free service of its kind. I will publish public view into my journals on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home