Fat Bald Jeff

Monday, September 19, 2005

Associating pain

Just about every other day, I shift my monitor (either to avoid glare or to prevent my office mates from seeing 'questionable' material on my screen)....and in doing so I stretch the power cord such that it just barely makes the connection...and then blank screen.

I have to then get up, walk around my desk (monitor and desk are too big just to reach behind it) and re-seat the power cord.

Now, you might think that I would:

A. get a longer power cord.
or
B. Move the monitor or computer so as to make the cord not so tight.

Nope...I fall back on option C.

C. Curse, throw whatever I am holding, grumble loudly and get up and walk around the desk....

Tony Robbins tells us (Awake the Giant Within) that I associate more pain with fixing the problem permanently (option A or B) than I do with the almost daily trip around me desk.

*sigh*.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home